A big fan of oats? I know a lot of people that have them for breakfast, as they are the perfect food to keep your belly filled for a long time. Go to Oats in Ghent, for an oaty breakfast or lunch
At Oat Day Long you can find several dishes based on oats. They also made sure to give some of the dishes original names with Oat. You can check the menu later in this article.
All foods are based on oat bowls.
The Oats Day Long restaurant can be found on the Nederkouter 55 in downtown Ghent. The ideal place to have breakfast and start exploring the city.
The menu of Oats Day Long
The most popular dishes:
- Risoatto: with mushrooms, spinach, spring onions, parmesan, and truffle oil.
- Goat Cheese Lover: with goat cheese, green apple, walnuts, thyme, and honey
- Berry Overloats: seasonal berries, almond, vanilla, berry coulis, and chia seeds
Other great dishes
- Oats Skool: granola, honey, apple, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Peanoats banana: banana, peanut butter, pecans, and honey.
- Chocoloats: dark chocolate, cacao nibs, granola, and maple syrup.
- Sun dried tomatoats: sundried tomatoes, rucola, pesto and parmesan.
- Or you can create your own bowl.
- Monday – 7 am – 6 pm
- Tuesday – 7 am – 6 pm
- Wednesday – 7 am – 6 pm
- Thursday – 7 am – 6 pm
- Friday – 7 am – 6 pm
- Saturday – 8 am – 6 pm
- Sunday – closed (except the first Sunday of the month)
My personal opinion
I’m not the biggest oat fan, to be honest. However, I did enjoy my visit. I’m a pretty light eater in the morning, so having a complete bowl with toppings was a bit too much. Especially since I am not a big fan of oats.
My girlfriend, who grew up on oats, enjoyed it a lot. She had the thom kha koats and ate every last bit of it.
A great experience and place to eat, if you are into eating oats.
Disclaimer: There is none, I just really wanted to write this piece of content for you. <3