In the Mediterranean Sea, you can find a small island that goes by the name of Malta. As with every country, this island has a capital, romantic Valetta. One of the most romantic and cute cities I’ve visited.
*This article is made possible by a collaboration with XXX. They helped me fund and organize the trip
The main architectural style in the city is Baroque and most buildings are there since the 16th century. With only 6444 people living in the historical city, it’s not a big city. Luckily this means you can spend more attention on your significant other, and less time reading the map.
Places to visit in romantic Valetta
- Saint John’s Co-Cathedral: A beautiful decorated Cathedral in the city center. The outside is quite sober, but the interior is lavish!
- Upper Barraka Gardens: A beautiful view of the three cities and a great balcony to share a photo with your significant other.
- Waterfront: Just stroll around the waterfront, there is plenty of it on Malta!
- Take a Dghajsa: Floating over the docks with a classical Dghajsa (a local gondola)
- Stroll around the three cities: Across the docks of Valetta, you can find The Three Cities. A region of small and cozy streets.
- Rent a car from Rolling Geeks: Sitting right next to each other in a small car and discovering the city. I think that’s romantical perfection.
*Disclaimer: some of the links in this article are affiliate links. Every time you purchase something via these links, I get a little percentage of the shop-owner. This comes at no extra cost to you but helps me run this website.