In my day to day life, I fail daily to eat breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day and all that. I just only feel like it when I’m in a hotel or when I’m able to go to one of those ‘hipster’ breakfast spots. Luv L’Oeuf might be my favorite one…
Where to find Luv Loeuf in Ghent: Nederkouter 30 – 9000 Ghent
About Luv Loeuf in Ghent
With a slogan like ‘breakfast all day’ you can’t go wrong. On most days you can visit them from 9 am to 5 pm. So you don’t have to be an early bird to enjoy a good and healthy breakfast. You can even call it brunch, or lunch, or second lunch. However you feel like calling it.
Although most of the branding is egg-related you can eat more than just eggs. Pictures of chickens, a little fried-egg looking piece of candy when you pay the bill, and of course the name. Which is frenglish for Egg-love.
The eggs used in Luv Loeuf are from a local egg farm. The farm is full bio. Chicken roaming in a large stable and the surrounding fields. The feed they get is bio too. The chickens are happy and the people eating at Luv Loeuf are happy. Perfect vibe for a perfect morning, right?
Luv Loeuf opening hours
They’re not always open, but they’re open when it matters! It’s not possible to reserve in advance, but just go there whenever you feel like eating breakfast.
(There are a couple of nice alternatives nearby if they are full)
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 9 am – 2 pm
What to eat at Luv Loeuf
There is plenty to eat at this beautiful breakfast spot. Of course, it’s all breakfast food. There are plenty of dishes with eggs, yogurt, waffles, pancakes, and toast.
- Dippy eggs & soldiers: not too much, so perfect as a small breakfast
- Huevos Rancheros: fried eggs, salsa, chorizo, beans, avocado, jalapeno. This is a Mexican breakfast for the hungover people!
- Full English: a classic you should always appreciate!
- House breakfast: Salmon, brie, bacon, … all the best on one plate.
- Bacon & brie waffles: this is exactly like it sounds!
- Classic pancakes: Just let me drink maple syrup, please.
- Classic eggs Benedict: Omnomnomnom
- There is so much more, even vegan breakfast, so look at the menu and get your mouth watering!
Tag me in your IG-stories or posts when you post your delicious breakfast on Instagram. So I can get jealous of you eating there!