The perfect way to end the day visiting Ghent for me is to eat a gastronome burger paired with an excellent beer. Let’s check out Jilles Burger together!
So What is Jilles Burger?
At Jilles they make sure to cook the nicest of burgers. Beef, pork, chicken or even veggie. Everyone there has an option to their taste. The burgers aren’t just your average burger either. They are crafted to the gourmet level of burgers. Next-level average food, as you could put it.
To top of the burgers, they worked together with famous Belgian beer sommelier Sofia Vanrafelghem. She made sure each burger has a cold beer that accompanies the taste brilliantly.
To go even further they work together with Brewery Fort Lapin to create their own beers: Rostekop and Golfbreker.
The Jilles Burger menu
Let’s look at some of their special burgers, shall we?
- Jolly Jack: With melted brie, walnuts, stewed apple and honey dressing.
- Mickey Mozz: Mozzarella, pine nuts, Ganda-ham, and pesto-dressing.
- Grainy Mo: Grain mustard, red onion, tomato, and ketchup.
- Sweet Lucy: Chicken pineapple, cherry tomatoes, and sweet chili sauce.
- Wasabi Charlie: chicken, wasabi, mayonnaise, and watercress.
- Hey Arnold: vegan burger, cheddar, pickle, salt, and Dallas sauce.
- Nutty Molly: vegan burger, cheddar, guacamole, nachos, and red onion.
The beers on tap (or in the bottle)
I’ll just mention their most famous ones since they have a whopping 57 beers on their menu. Yeah, you will find one that is the one for you!
- Wild Jo: Pride of Antwerp city
- Westmalle Dubbel and Tripel: Classics in my opinion
- Tripel Karmeliet: One you can’t go wrong with
- Rostekop: Their very own beer
- Orval: A Trappist beer with character
- La Chouffe: Every young person’s favorite
- Lost in Spice: for those that like it spicy
- Duvel: Everyone knows Duvel
Have you tried this delicious restaurant already? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!