When you are traveling you are not always near a WiFi router to connect your laptop to. Although there is a lot you can do with your smartphone, sometimes it’s just easier and quicker to do it on a computer. So turning your smartphone into a hotspot for your computer is the best solution.
The Huawei P30 pro isn’t the only smartphone that can do this. In fact, most Android phones follow these following steps too.
Huawei P30 pro hotspot settings
- Open your P30 Pro by unlocking your screen.
- Swipe down on the top of your home screen so you can see the different options.
- Open the ‘Hotspot’ function by tapping on it.
- Choose a hotspot name, this could be anything and is usually already filled in with the phone’s name.
- Choose a Password you want to use to secure your personal wifi hotspot
- Switch on the slider next to your hotspot name
- Enjoy your hotspot by browsing the internet on any nearby device.
It’s that simple!
When to use the hotspot on your Huawei P30 pro (or other smartphones)
There are several occasions when your smartphone as a hotspot can come in handy:
- When you regular wifi is down
- On a bus or train
- When your friend has run out of data… again!
Have fun with this newly learned skill!
- Huawei P30 pro-RAW photo samples to download (free download raw photo samples)
- How to make RAW photos with the Huawei P30 pro
- How to save your smartphone battery (while traveling)
- A complete guide to all the best smartphone photo editing apps
- What I want for smartphone photography in 2019