Another year, another P30 (pro) by Huawei launched. This year the build-up and hype to the smartphone seemed even more present. I looked forward to having this phone in my hands, and today that finally happened!
At the launch in Paris, I was able to get hold of a Huawei P30 pro. Let’s talk about this phone a bit!
The hardware of the Huawei P30 pro
A bit of info about the hardware on the Huawei P30 pro
6,47 inchphone in Breathing Crystal, Aurora en Amber Sunrise back-colors
- 7nm Kirin 980 with Dual-NPU
- Fingerprint sensor at the bottom of the screen
- Huawei Acoustic Display provides an in screen maglev speaker
- 40W SuperCharge to go from 0 to 70% in just 30 minutes
- 4200MhA battery
Moremorygoing in 8gb / 128 GB / 256 GB / 512GB
- Dolby Atmos surround sound
The camera of the Huawei P30 pro
The most interesting part of the smartphone, at least to me, is the camera. For both photo and video. The P30 pro has added a lot of interesting and innovative features. So let’s check it out!
Lenses on the Huawei P30 pro smartphone
40MPstandard camera lens f1.6
- 20MP ultra wide angle lens: f2.2 – 16mm focal length for a 120 degrees view
- 8MP Superzoom: f3.4 – 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom. which is
- 32MP front camera f2.0
View this post on Instagram
So 10 minutes into the #Huaweip30 and I already made a quick photo with the 5x hybrid zoom. What new feature are you the most excited about? . Made with a #huaweip30pro and #VSCOcam . #huaweishot #huaweimobile #huaweiphotography #smartphonephoto #smartphonephotography #smartphone_photos #paris #paris🗼 #parisianlifestyle #eiffeltower #eiffel #france #parisian #parisienne #parisphoto
This 1/1.7 inch Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor captures light in a different way than standard sensors do. The green pixels are apparently replaced by yellow pixels. This should allow more light to pass through the sensor and pump up the ISO-values. Basically, they are increasing the quality in the night and low-light situations.
This camera helps the smartphone to measure depth in a scene. This will enhance the depth of field related apps, like the bokeh and portrait modes. A great new feature that will defintely push the boundaries of hardware and software hybrids.
Video on the Huawei P30 pro
In the video department, there have been a lot of evolutions too. With the SuperSpectrum sensor, it is easier to make a quality video in low light situations. Add 4K at 60fps in the mix and you get a high-quality video!
Apart from the AI helping you to add music and special effects, the coolest new feature is the dual camera set up. You can use your wide angle and telezoom lens at the same time. Filming the same scene in two different focal lengths.
- Extra functions
What feature on the Huawei P30 pro are you most excited about?
- How to save your smartphone battery (while traveling)
- A complete guide to all the best smartphone photo editing apps
- What I want for smartphone photography in 2019
- The Huawei Mate 20 Pro Ultra-wide angle lens tested
- How to make RAW photos with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro